UA-49478533-1

So I come home from Kung Fu this afternoon and read this in my daily meditation: “Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for battle and my fingers for war.”

Being a Catholic is just so freaking cool.

Hello to all the new visitors from Young and Catholic and elsewhere! It’s wonderful to meet you, and thank you for the emails. Answers forthcoming as soon as may be.

9 thoughts on “Ps 144

1. Grace

Hey! I just read a little blurb of something you wrote on youngandcatholic.net, and i just wanted to affirm you, and thank you for standing up for the church in such a bold yet compassionate way. I went to a Catholic high school where i was normally the one in debates to take the stand that you so gracefully take every day, that the Catholic church accepts gay people for who they are, but like the rest of us, calls us to respect our bodies in the way of celibacy. Anyways, I think you’re awesome, and i’m so glad I stumbled upon your article. I’m getting ready to go on a year long mission trip to evangelize to youth through retreats and seminars, and this topic comes up often. I think God wanted me to read what you wrote so that i can be better equipped to stand my the Church’s teachings in a compassionate way. God bless, buddy!

2. Jared

Hey there. Earlier tonight, I read the Young and Catholic article that quoted you. Just wanted to say…you are AWESOME!

3. Runningmom

Hi Steve,
    It’s likely you and I will never meet but I wanted you to know you are one of the most courageous, faith-filled Catholics I’ve ever known. It’s faith like yours that drew me to the Church 5 years ago. I can only hope and pray that my children grow to love the Church as you do in their adult years. Thank you for your transparency.

4. Caitlin

Thank you. I literally have tears in my eyes and chills from reading your article about living celibate as a Catholic man despite what the world would say about acting on every sexual impulse. I am a FOCUS Missionary, serving college students for Christ and His Catholic Church and your bold and courageous stand I believe will be very efficacious in my discussions with students on this very sensitive and attacked teaching of the church. You are exactly what Christ calls us to be, a light in the world and the salt of the earth. Please know of my prayers for you to keep running the race set before you. I can’t wait, God willing, to thank you face to face in the Heavenly Throne Room of our King, as St. Teresa of Avila says, perhaps sooner than each of us thinks.

Thank you and May Our Lord abundantly bless you for your witness to truth.

In Christ,
    Caitlin

5. JonMarc

Hey Steve – Thanks for the great blog and reflections. Also thanks for your courage and wisdom. I enjoy reading and sharing your common sense. Keep it up. – A brother in Christ, JM

6. Jamie

I agreeā€”SO freakin cool! Whenever I think of that verse, my fingers immediately start twitching of their own accord. Ready for battle!

7. Jessica

Just read your article on the young and catholic website! Thank you for your words of wisdom!! Keep doing what you are doing! You are a light to the world and I will keep you in my prayers!! God Bless!

8. Mark from PA

Sometimes, I get so discouraged. It is depressing. A woman on one site said that she is an anti-gay activist. I know that I shouldn’t even get into discussions with this woman because she has such a strong dislike for gay people that anything I say just seems to set her off. It is like I am something less than human. She says she wants to “cure” people of their homosexuality. I want to fight the prejudice and stereotypes but the hate is so strong sometimes. I guess I want acceptance but it is stupid I suppose to want to be accepted by people that hate people like me.