This is just to say…
Jan 03, 2012
…that I am back. This isn’t a real post or anything, just sort of a hello. Here are some things I did on my sabbatical.
- Drove all over creation spending money like a drunken sailor
- Had Christmas at my parents’ house, fought with my mother (in a productive way), and made my father cry (in a nice way), which is the opposite of how things sometimes go
- Shot pool with an old friend who is still dear to me despite his latest idiotic attempts at self-destruction
- Saw the Tintin movie, which was awesome
- Discovered that Tony Jaa is basically a human panther and could kill you with his elbows
- Visited Sal, ate too much pizza, drank too much beer, learned a very small amount of very painful jiu jitsu, and managed to say goodbye without crying, much
- Played “Kill, Screw, Marry”, which is not a nice game but there was champagne
- Took my little brother to experience his first Kung Fu class and got to be vicariously adrenaline-drenched all over again
In short, I messed up my schedule, lost my emotional equilibrium, regained it again, and threw out my back, all in about a week! Whew! I’m so glad it’s time to go back to work.