Oh, hello. Sorry I’ve been gone. All the driving and the Kung Fuing and the everything else just got in the way. No, that’s not precisely true; I had time to post, I just spent it visiting friends and riding my motorcycle and watching much too much Avatar1 and chatting with my sister and her beautiful family. Sorry to be absent. I needed to.

I’ll be back to my regular [so-called] schedule soon. I’ve just finished moving out of my sister’s house and back in with the roommates, or anyway the roommate; one of them has left. It’s okay, I’m ready: there’s a whole story there, but I can’t tell it right now. Suffice to say…ungh, I feel I’ve spent the last three months being torn apart and will spend the next three being put back together again. I’m very, very glad that the second part has started.

There’s a new guy moving in next month. No more drama, this time, if I can avoid it: I think I’ll be telling this one about my SSA from the start. I think that’s better for everybody. If he wants to run, let him run; but if I know my friends (and my friends’ friends), he’ll be cool with it.

Stay tuned, stay sane, stay hopeful. Peace.

1 That’s the cartoon show, aka THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD, not the Shyamalan travesty or the Cameron bloatfest.

10 Comments on “Back”

1. Mark from PA says:

Glad that you got to spend some quality time with your sister and her family. “No more drama, this time?” Hmm. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Just said a few prayers for you. God bless you my friend. Peace be with you also. Mark

2. Mark from PA says:

PS – remember what it says below your name here. GAY AND FEELING FINE.

3. justanothermusician says:

Hey Steve,

Per your Avatar: The Last Airbender commentary, this:

4. Kevin says:

Thanks for the Avatar love!

5. Jon. says:

Yes. Avatar is awesome. Just started to read your blog. Looking forward to some new posts! Praying for you, man!

6. Rayjo says:

Korra’s going to have a total of four seasons! I’m so excited, because it means that from now on, they’ll be able to pace and explore their awesome themes more. And I liked the first season, so it can only get better!

You were probably talking about the Last Airbender, which doesn’t even necessitate a comment. What more can I say about the best cartoon ever made?

By the way, there’s a Catholic comic artist and writer named Gene Luen Yang (, and he’s in charge of the comic detailing the adventure with Zuko’s mother. He’s going to be my next Cool Cat as well (

7. Tara S says:

Yay, you’re back!

8. Lyle says:

Hi Steve, glad to see you’re back. Thought about you at the annual Courage conference and even entertained the idea that you might be there incognito! Anyway, you’re in my prayers and I hope the new living arrangement works out.