Tabula Rasa

In case you didn’t hear, I’ve officially gone part time at my Day Job (the one I don’t plan to quit any time soon), which leaves me a whole blank Friday every single week for writing and related things. This is my first such Friday.

The idea, of course, is to write more: more often, more widely, and more extensively. I don’t know what that’s going to look like yet. One update a week? Two? Articles in print and on other blogs? We’ll see. If you’d like to send up a prayer that I learn to use this new time well, I’d appreciate it a lot.

I’m excited and daunted and grateful. Which makes me less daunted, because what starts in gratitude can’t help but go well.

9 Comments on “Tabula Rasa”

1. Sarah says:

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say your blog is a source of a lot of comfort, and I’m very, very grateful for the obvious love you put into your writing.

So, would you consider putting a donate button up? Or putting up ads? Of course I think most of your readers would have wanted to help support your writing before, but I think especially now that you’re taking time off your Day Job for it, we’d like to help out.

1. That’s a great idea, and I really appreciate the thought. I’ll consider it. :)

1. Rivka says:

ads are not a great idea. They would be intrusive, and diminish the special quality of this blog. Not to mention slowing things down.

1. Sarah says:

Well, personally I really don’t mind ads. I can generally ignore them, and they’ve never slowed a site noticeably.

The point is that it’s supposed to help Steve out. I think considering how much we get out of his writing, and now he’s taking time out of his PAYING job to keep doing it, I think whatever “inconveniences” it might cause us is something we can deal with, don’t you?

2. Susan says:

You’re one of the most thoughtful bloggers I follow, so I’m looking forward to more awesome food for thought! Many blessings on your new routine!

3. Leah Dickerson says:

Sending a Hail Mary up for you. God bless you, Steve!

4. Helene says:

I hope you do post more!

5. Searcheress says:

Go, Steve, go! I wish you all the best (including at least one bestseller;)!

6. Josee says:

I wish you the Peace of Christ in your work!